Monday, October 12, 2009

Cloud Arabesques, seen from Olana


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I am a painter of the landscape in oil, and I live and paint in the mid-Hudson Valley of New York State. I have been revisiting Frederick Church's estate, Olana, overlooking the Hudson and each time I go there I fall in love with the view all over again. I am also in love with the art of master painter Church, and his art and that of other Hudson River School painters is a constant inspiration.
This blog is about art images, art chat, purchase info and some Hudson Valley lore. My e-mail is eperantoni@yahoo.com and more of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
The painting at right is entitled "Cloud Arabesques, seen from Olana" and captures one of those memorable moments when wispy clouds in a sunset sky seem to dance and form tongues of gentle fire. Such moments are passing and fragile, and I love to save them in my paintings.
The painting is 11x14" on stretched canvas, and I will frame it in a wide gold frame. You can see some of the framing styles I use in my other blog posts. Right now it's still drying in my studio. Eventually I may consign it to one of the fine galleries that represent me in the Hudson Valley and elsewhere. Some of my other blog posts give info on the galleries, locations, hours, and contact info. This painting will be priced in the $850. range. I will consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
If you purchase a painting from an Internet digital photo without seeing the original, you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people feel my originals look better than the dot-matrix photos on their computers.
I also show my work at my studio by appointment. The studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in New England, PA and NJ.
I paint the Olana views and scenery often, so if you love this view you can watch and browse for my other Olana view paintings in other sizes, and at different seasons and times of day. The panorama is ever-changing and always fresh and beautiful.
To browse other blog posts and images going back to March 2007, click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.
Have a great day!
Ellen

No comments: