Friday, April 2, 2010

Peaceful Valley View


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the Barbizon School. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State, amid the same beautiful views first memorialized by the nineteenth century masters such as Thomas Cole, Frederick Church, George Inness et al. The beauty of this region intoxicates and thrills me. Fortunately it has not been developed to the point where the magnificent vistas of the river and in the nearby mountains have been lost.
This blog contains art images, art chat and purchase info. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
The painting at right is entitled "Peaceful Valley View" and is a sunset view looking west.
Please Note: This photo appears a bit grainy due to a bit of glare from the varnish; the actual painting is not grainy. The digital photo does not capture the subtlety of the art work: the foliage areas that appear blackish in the photo are a dark green with bronze glints from the late day light. The sky at the top is not as blue in the actual painting, more a soft grayish-purplish blue, and the foliage behind the large tree at right is muted and not as green as this photo makes it appear. The colors blend in a mellow and harmonious manner.
This oil on stretched canvas is 16x20", and I will frame it in a museum quality massive traditional gold frame. The framed size on the wall will probably be about 24x28". Or you can choose your own frame if you wish.
Currently this painting is in my studio. It may be consigned to one of the fine galleries that represent me where the price range will be about $1800. framed. I will consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
If you purchase a painting from an internet photo and you are not delighted when it arrives, you can return it for a refund with no questions asked. Most people find my paintings look better in actuality.
If your prefer to view actual paintings you can see this painting at my studio which is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area. I also have paintings on display at such galleries at The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill; Berkshire Art Gallery, Great Barrington, Mass.; and Green (Gallery) in Saugerties, NY. Please contact me for addresses and hours.
Spring is here and I am inspired and spurred to create more beautiful works of art, many of them en plein air (painted on the spot). It is a beautiful day and I must get ready to start.
Please write me with any questions. For some of the magnificent frame styles I use, please browse other blog post dating back to 2007. Click Older Posts at the bottom of this page.
Have a great day!
Very best,
Ellen

No comments: