Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gentle Curves on the Lower Esopus

Hello, everyone! This is Ellen Perantoni, hopefully making up for lost time by posting another image of a recent painting.
I paint the landscape in oil, in a style inspired by the Hudson River School of art, which originated here in the mid-Hudson Valley where I make my home and studio. What a joy it is to paint this beautiful region! I am treated to this same view about once a week, when I go into town for groceries. I pass over a bridge above the Esopus Creek and there it is, to my left. I have more art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
This oil painting is on 16x20" stretched canvas. I plan to frame it in a traditional museum quality gold frame that will bring its size to about 24x28" on the wall. Subject to prior sale, I may consign it to one of the fine art galleries that represent me where it will be priced in the $2000. range. I will consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
Please read more blog posts for the name and info on a gallery near you, if you prefer to view art in galleries. Or you can view this and other paintings by appointment in my studio. My studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.
If you purchase a work from my blog from an Internet photo without seeing the original, you can return the painting within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people are.
We are having an unexpected extension of summer today, beautiful and clear. Inspires me to paint some more, perhaps go out and roam some scenic byway with my portable easel, paints and a couple of canvases.
I hope you have a great day! ~ and I'd love to hear from you.
Very best, Ellen

No comments: