Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Long Horizontal View: Catskills and Hudson Valley



Hello all! This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the slightly later Barbizon School of the nineteenth century. To me this lovingly detailed sensitive capturing of the landscape "as is" is satisfying in a way not other art can match. I want, as the expression goes, to "have it all": the feathery quality of lacy foliage, the softness of clouds, the knife edges of the Catskill bluestone rock formations.
I have more art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
The two paintings pictured at right are both 12x24" oils on canvas. I am growing more and more fond of this horizontal format, so right for landscape and so reminiscent of some of the most appealing 19th century Hudson River School art.
The first painting is a perspective on the high peaks of the northern Catskills of Greene County (home of Thomas Cole) from one high mountain peak, looking across to other high peaks and the tawny valleys between.
The second painting shows the Hudson Valley from a high field overlooking the upper river from the east, showing the river gently cupped in the rolling landscape.
Each of these works is priced (as shown, without framing) at $1650. I also do museum quality framing in wide traditional gold frames (as in my previous blog post) or simpler frames.
I would be happy to show you the works in my studio by appointment; some of the works in this blog are on consignment in art galleries and some have been sold, but the two in this post are available. If you purchase form an Internet photo and you are not delighted with the work, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days.
It is a wonderful sunny Sunday here in the Hudson Valley and I am ready to paint some more. Have a great day! I would love to hear from you,. Best, Ellen

1 comment:

Lou Amelia said...

Hi, I'm amelia of malaysia. saw ur blog via google. I'm a big fan of painting and i love ur very much. U r really talented and it really inspires me. =] goodd job.