Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall Reflections on the Lower Stream

Hello, art lovers and blog readers! Fall is approaching in this neck of the woods, and with it the magnificent fall foliage colors the Hudson Valley and New England are known for. I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in the manner of the Hudson River School. This painting I am posting today is an example of the beauty that surrounds my Hudson Valley home in the fall; I see this view whenever I drive over a certain bridge on the way to do my grocery shopping. What a lift I get! This blog is about my artwork, with art chat and purchase info. Also for chat about the Hudson River School of art in general and its masters that have gone before. The locales painted by giants Frederick Church and Thomas Cole and others are not far from where I live and paint, and they are still beautiful. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com The painting at right is entitled "Fall Reflections on the Lower Stream" and it is an 18x24" oil on stretched canvas. I have framed it in a bronzed gold museum quality frame and the framed size is about 30x36" on the wall.  This painting has been sold to a collector.  I also have art on exhibit in several fine galleries in the area. My studio is about 2 hours from the NYC metro area and my art is on exhibit in other Hudson Valley and Catskill Mountain locations. Contact me for specifics.  I hope you will read more of these blog posts. To see older posts going back to 2007 click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page. Have a great week! Ellen

No comments: