Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Storm is Over

Hello, art lovers and blog readers!  This is Ellen Perantoni again, with another panorama where the sky is a major, if not the principal. mover of the story.  Such views are frequent phenomena in  the Hudson Valley in summer, where passing thunderstorms have played a role in art and history since the days of the Rip Van Winkle legend.  (Rip's the fellow who hid from a thunderstorm and woke up up 20 years later). 

 I live and paint in today's Hudson Valley and as a painter I have too much to do to sleep when a thunderstorm creates such beauty in my world.  I want to do my best to capture it.  My art is inspired by the grand tradition of the Hudson River School of art and the beauties of the region, which are much the same today.  This blog contains my art, art chat, and purchase info.  My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and you can view more of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni

     This painting is on 20x30" stretched canvas and I have worked on it for a very long time.  It is now drying in my studio and I plan to frame it in a traditional wide gold frame that will bring it to about 28x38" on the wall.  Framed, it will be priced in the $2900.range, or $2600. unframed as it is.  

     If you wish to see this painting or my other art before purchase, I am happy to show it by appointment.  My studio is in the Catskill Mountain foothills (west of the Hudson River) about 2 hours' drive north of the NYC metro area.  On August 10 and 11,  I will have an open studio as part of a townwide studio tour weekend, and this painting will be there if it is not sold first. 

   The studio is within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.  Contact me for more info, and directions.

    My art is also on sdisplay in several galleries and art venues that represent me: in Peekskill, NY; Hunter, NY; Saugerties, NY and Rhinebeck, NY.  Specifics are given in other blog posts, or ask me for the info on the gallery nearest you. I also exhibit in temporary art shows.  

    If you wish to see more photos of this work, just ask.  If you purchase a work of art from photos without first seeing the painting in actuality, you can return it for refund wihin 30 days if you are not delighted.  Most people think my art looks better in actuality. 

    it is a beaufiul day outside and my paints and easel are calling. To read more of this blog just click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page for posts dating back to 2007.

     I would love to hear from you.  Best, Ellen


No comments: