Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lowlands in the Valley



Hello. art lovers and blog readers! Spring is approaching softly and gradually here in the Hudson Valley, and my thoughts are turning to quiet mellow scenes like this one, with vegetation softening the contours of the land and foliage silhouetted against the sky.
I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the Barbizon School. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State. This blog contains my art images, art chat and where to purchase my work in galleries and on the net. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and more art images can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
The painting at right is an oil on 14x18" stretched canvas, of lowlands along the n shore of the Hudson. The river is not far away, and in spring a network of small streams runs across the land and the views are gentle and peaceful on hazy days like this one. The light indicates it is late in the day and the foliage forms are softly gilded.
The price of this work is $1200. handsomely framed in a traditional manner.
Here are some other fine galleries that represent me and have my work in their walls: The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY; Green (Gallery), Saugerties, NY; Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY. /> Please e-mail me for addresses and contact info of the gallery nearest you.
I paint in a studio in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains between Woodstock and Saugerties on the west side of the Hudson River. I have a great weekend-long studio sale here in August; this year it will be August 16 and 17. If you would like a map to this sale or want to set up a private studio visit please e-mail and let me know.
When I sell an art work directly from this blog I give a 30 day return privilege if you are not delighted with it for any reason. I accept PayPal and payment instruments drawn on USA based banks. I ship insured by USPS and DHL and am very experienced in packing and shipping art.
Please let me know any questions or comments. I would love to hear from you!
Have a great day, Ellen

No comments: