Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunset by Pond, with Cattle


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School, as you can see from the painting at right. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and you can see more of my work with one click on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
My art is in the permanent collection of Whistler House Museum of Art, which has original works by Whistler and J. Singer Sargent among others. I am honored to be in such company. I an listed in AskArt by the nomination of Bodega Bay heritage gallery, one of the fine galleries which represent my art.
I've been working on this painting for a very long time. I wanted the glowing quality of the light to be just right. I found the ca. 1900 antique frame it is pictured in, also.
This oil on canvas is on 18x24" stretched canvas and is currently in my studio.
It may eventually be consigned to one of the fine galleries which represent me, and the gallery will price it in the $2200-$2400. price range. I will consider a payment/plan or fair offer from a serious collector.
(Please Note: the photo shows a gold streak in the sky above the trees at left--this is from the camera; there is no streak in the actual painting.)
If you wish you can view this work and others at my studio by appointment. I paint in a studio in the forested foothills of the Catskill Mountains, above the river town of Saugerties, NY.
My studio is about 2 hrs, from the NYC metro area, 1 hr. from Albany, 4 hrs. from Boston, 2 hrs. from Springfield Ma. or Hartford Ct.
If you purchase any work from my digital photo without first seeing the original, you can return the painting for a refund within 30 days if you are not delighted with it.
I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA based banks. I'm very competent and experienced in packing and shipping art, and use USPS or DHL.
I hope you will also read some of my other blog posts, featuring other paintings. And I would love to hear from you.
Have a great week, Ellen

No comments: