Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two Rivers Meet




Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I'm Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the Barbizon School. This painting at right, "Two Rivers Meet", owes a certain homage to George Inness and the transcendent light effects of British painter JMW Turner.
I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State, among the scenery immortalized in the original Hudson River School works of the nineteenth century. Happily, there is a great deal that has not changed much.
My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
This painting is inspired by the timeless, graceful expansiveness of the gentle hills of the New England area, and the sunsets created for memorable moments in time by the changing clouds over the region. Very soon a gentle cover of darkness will descend, but sunsets alike this are not soon forgotten by those who love this land.
Paintings are like people; some are more photogenic than others. In this case, photography does not do justice to the depth and fire of this work. But I love it, and I think anyone who sees the actual painting would agree with me, so I wanted to put the photo in my blog anyway. If you like the photo, you should be enraptured by the painting!
The painting is executed on 18x24" stretched canvas. It is now in my studio, awaiting its final coat of varnish. Subject to prior sale, it may be in my August 16-17 studio tour and sale. This will be part of the town wide 24-studio tour described and illustrated on www.saugertiesarttour.com
I sell my art from this blog, at my studio and through several fine galleries in New York State and New England which represent me.
Info on these is found in my earlier blog posts, or please contact me for the gallery nearest you. I hope you will read more, and click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.
More of my art is on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
I would love to hear from any of you who are interested in Hudson River School art and its history, or have questions about my work.
Have a great week and enjoy the lovely summer weather.
Best, Ellen

No comments: