Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Artist's Studio Tour August 16-17 2008, and Lowland Night


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I'm Ellen Perantoni, and I paint the landscape in oil in a manner influenced by the Hudson River School masters of the 19th century, also the slightly later Barbizon School.
I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State, amid the same beauty that inspired those immortals to take brush and paint and fix that beauty on canvas forever. This blog features some of my paintings, art chat, and purchase info. I sell my art in fine galleries in the Hudson Valley and elsewhere and over the net.
On August 16-17 I am having an open studio tour for friends, collectors and those interested in the art. I hope many of you readers are in all three categories...
you can see where I paint and a varied assortment of my paintings, oil studies and limited edition prints on paper and canvas.
Many works that will be at my studio are not shown in galleries anywhere. Some are framed and some not, and you can choose your own framing in some cases if you like.
The studio is about 2 hrs. north of the NYC metro area not far from NYS Thruway Exit 20; about 4 hrs. from Boston; 1 hr. from Albany; 2 hrs. from Hartford, Ct. and Springfield, Mass.
I can put you on my mailing list to receive an illustrated map to the studio. My open studio is part of a townwide Saugerties Artists Tour, during which 23 other studios nearby will also be open showing pottery, batik, sculpture and other visual art. You are sure to have a great time. Please send me your snail mail address at eperantoni@yahoo.com to receive a map.
The painting shown at right is a recently finished oil on canvas, as framed. I am enjoying doing more night scenes of the Hudson Valley region. Nights here are so emotive, dreamy and beautiful.
This work is on 5x7" stretched canvas in a museum quality heavy carved wood frame that brings the painting to about 12x14" on the wall.
This newest work "Lowland Night" was sold by Berkshire Art Gallery, 80 Railroad St., Great Barrington, Mass. and I have more paintings on exhibit there. The gallery phone is 413-528-2690. The gallery is open weekends from 12-5, perhaps more days after Memorial Day. During the week I suggest calling first.
I have more paintings of comparable size and framing in my studio, and at other fine galleries that represent me. Please contact me for the gallery nearest to your area.
If you buy one of my paintings from me from an internet photo you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA-based banks. I ship by USPS and DHL fully insured, and I am very experienced in packing and shipping art.
I would love to hear from you and meet you at my studio sale! You would see a wide selection of art starting around $50for prints and studies.
I hope you will enjoy my other blog posts, some of which have specific info on galleries in NYS, Mass. and California.
Very best, Ellen

No comments: