Sunday, June 28, 2009

Night on the Inlet


Happy Summer to all! I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School painters and the work of George Inness. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State, surrounded by the same views and magical light that inspired the original nineteenth century masters in this uniquely American style. This blog consists of art images, art chat and purchase info.
The painting at right is entitled "Night on the Inlet". I love to paint the landscape at all hours and all seasons, and I'm intrigued by night and the enchanting possibilities night offers when the moon is full enough to create silvery glows in the sky and to frost the peaceful scenes below.
I am inspired by the John Herald song "Hats off the the Cajun Moon" and though the ponds and wetlands of the Catskills are well north of Cajun country, I think of the spell cast by this rapturous music and its delicate mandolin work when I paint such scenes of hushed waters and trees at night.
This work is 14x18" on stretched canvas, framed as shown in a complementary wood frame. The oil as framed is almost 20 by 24". This painting is priced $1150. as framed. I will consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
For those who prefer to view work at a gallery, I am represented by several fine galleries in NYS, New England and California. These are Green (gallery), Saugerties, NY; Berkshire Art Gallery, Great Barrington, MA; The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY; Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY; Bodega Bay Heritage Gallery, Bodega Bay, CA. Addresses and contact info for these galleries are given in other posts on this blog, or ask me for the gallery nearest you.
More of my art images are on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni If you purchase a painting from an Internet photo you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. But most people feel my work looks a lot better in actuality--I paint with considerable depth in a series of glazes, and digital photos don't capture this very well.
I also love to paint "View Portraits"--a term I have copyrighted--of clients' favorite views. Other people's ideas about what to paint enrich my perceptions and it is fun to take someone's wishes and bring them to life on canvas.
To view more blog posts, please click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this web page--I have blog posts with art images going back to March 2007.
I would love to hear from you readers to discuss Hudson Valley art and history. Well, I will get going now...it looks like a lovely day to paint. Have a great week! Ellen Perantoni

No comments: