Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rainbow Sky Seen from Olana, a Study



Hello, art lovers and blog readers! This is Ellen Perantoni again; I'm a landscape painter, working in oil and inspired by the Hudson River School painters of the 1800s, and also the Barbizon School as explored by George Inness. I live and paint in the mid-Hudson Valley of New York State, the same beautiful region immortalized by those master painters. And I am delighted that it has not changed much.
This blog has images of my paintings, art chat and purchase info. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and I started this blog in March 2007. You can see posts going back that period by clicking on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this web page.
The painting at right, entitled "Rainbow Sky Seen from Olana, a Study" is on 5x7" artist board in a museum quality carved bronze-gold frame, which brings its size on the wall to about 13-1/2" by 11-1/2". This work was recently sold to a collector.
This is the view from the rear lawn of Frederick Church's famous estate "Olana" overlooking the upper Hudson. Master painter Church felt this view was the best in the world, and I can see his point. I have painted this view many times, in many sizes, by night and day, at all seasons and under spectacular skies.
My art can also be seen by appointment at my studio, about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area. It's a nice trip and a lovely area to visit at this time of year.
If you purchase a painting from a digital photo on this blog and you are not delighted with it for any reason, you can return it within 30 days for a refund.
I am now going to plan my painting day tomorrow.
Have a great week, and I would love to hear from you.
Ellen

No comments: