Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beaches Along the Hudson


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the Barbizon School. I live and paint in the mid-Hudson Valley of New York State, "on the spot" where many of the masterworks of the 19th century were created. I am happy to see that many of the wonderful places are little changed, and the magic of the changeable and dramatic Hudson Valley skies has not changed either. I can be reached at eperantoni@yahoo.com This blog contains art images, art chat and purchase info. More of my art is on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and on yahoo and google.
The painting at right is entitled "Beaches on the Hudson" and features a narrow rocky shore with a few pines silhouetted against a flare of cloud color at sunset. It measures 20x30". I just finished it and it's still drying in my studio. I will frame it in a museum quality traditional gold frame which will bring the size to about 30x40" on the wall. It's a great size and shape for a dining room or over a fireplace. It will probably be consigned to one of the galleries that exhibit my work and priced in the $3400. range. I will consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
If you purchase a painting from an Internet digital photo you can return it within 30 days for a refund if you are not delighted.
Or, I will show this work and others in my studio. Each August I open my show for my town's studio tour weekend, on a Saturday and Sunday. Usually it's the second Saturday and Sunday of each August, but please contact me for the exact dates and times--on tour weekend you can browse without making an appointment or even introducing yourself. At other times of the year, I show my art by appointment. The studio is about 2 hrs. north of the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and PA.
If you prefer to view art in a gallery you will find the names, addresses and contact info in other blog posts of galleries that exhibit my art. Most are in the Hudson Valley, but also in New England and Calif.
I hope you will read more of the posts on this blog. To see posts and images going back to 2007 click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this web page.
Have a great weekend!
Best,
Ellen

No comments: