Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reservoir, Catskill Mountains, and View Portraits


Hello, art lovers and blog readers! I'm Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the Barbizon School. Here is another of my recent Hudson Valley panoramas, still drying in the studio. This time of the year, I love to paint the delicate tints that autumn gives the foliage. These blog posts contain art images, art chat and purchase info. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and my paintings are also available at selected art galleries.
The paintings at right, entitled "Reservoir, Catskill Mountains" shows a view that enthralled me on a drive through the mountains on a warm afternoon of spectacular cloud formations in this region of variable skies. The painting is on 20x30" stretched canvas and I plan to frame it in a traditional wide gold frame which will bring its size on the wall to almost 30x40".
I show my art by appointment at my studio, about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area. Or, if you prefer to view art in a gallery setting, I exhibit at several galleries mostly in the Hudson Valley and also in New England and California. I hope you will read further blog posts (going back to 2007) for addresses and contact info on the galleries that represent me.
I will be showing my work myself on November 29, in an art show at the Woodstock Jewish Congregation between Woodstock and Saugerties, ten minutes from Exit 20 of the NYS Thruway. The 29th is a SUnday and the show will run from 10-4. I'll there to personally meet and chat with collectors, browsers and friends.
If you purchase a work you like from an Internet photo and you are not delighted, you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people feel my work looks a lot better in actuality, as I paint using techniques that give the work great depth.
I also love to paint "View Portraits" (a term I've copyrighted) of clients' favorite views as commissions. If you have a favorite view you would like painted--at the time of year and time of day you choose--please contact me for info.
Well, today looks like a beautiful sunny autumn day to paint, so I'm off! I would love to hear from you. Have a great day,
Ellen

No comments: