Sunday, June 5, 2011

Glory Above Olana


Hello, all! This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School--posting today one of my recent paintings of one of the loveliest Hudson Valley views--the view of the river from the back lawns of Olana (Frederick Church's famous home). I never tire of this view and and feel privileged to live and paint in the mid-Hudson Valley, where I can paint great places like this en plein air ( on site) as well as in my studio. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
This painting is on 8x10" stretched canvas in a gorgeous traditional wide gold frame as shown. It sold to a collector shortly after I posted it here.
I have other paintings in my studio which I will show by appointment. My studio is in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area, and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.
If you purchase a painting from an Internet photo without seeing the original you can return it for a refund within 30 days if you are not delighted.
If you prefer to view art in galleries, I am represented by these fine galleries: The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY; Berkshire Art Gallery, Great Barrington, NY; Green (Gallery), Saugerties, NY; Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY, Bodega Bay Heritage Gallery, Bodega Bay, CA,, and I also do temporary shows from time to time.
On August 13-14, 2011 I will have an open studio all weekend along with 41 other artists and craftspersons in my town, All our studios will be open from 10-6 Saturday and Sunday and you can browse anywhere without an appointment. For more info and a free map to the studios please contact me.
Some of my paintings are available as limited edition prints on paper or canvas, starting in the $60. range for unframed prints.
Have a wonderful week! This is a delightful season here in the Northeast and I look forward to painting and enjoying nature. I would love to hear from you.
Very best,
Ellen

No comments: