Thursday, March 15, 2012

Looking Up Platte Clove, and View Portraits:



Hello, art lovers and blog readers! Spring is starting here in the Hudson Valley of New York State. And it is welcomed! I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School, those magnificent 19th century tributes to nature. I live and paint here in the region immortalized by the works of Thomas Cole, Frederick E. Church and others. And I am happy to say that much of the scenery here is still as gorgeous as it was then. This is what I especially love to paint.
You can see more of my art at www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
As you can see in this painting, I strive to paint each leaf and highlight of these views. I have many favorite view spots in this beautiful region, and am often discovering others.
I can also paint your favorite view in a View Portrait (a term I have copyrighted) at your favorite time of day and time of year. I can paint it en plein air (outdoors, on site) or from photos if you wish.
The painting shown here is 24x36" on stretched canvas, and I have framed it in a museum quality, wide traditional gold frame that brings the size to over 32x44" on the wall. As framed, this work is $3700.
This work and others can be seen by appointment in my studio, which is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.
If you purchase my art from an Internet photo and are less than delighted when it arrives, you can return it for a refund within 30 days. Some of my collectors who have purchased my paintings online photos have posted about them on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
I hope you will enjoy reading more posts on this blog, which goes back to 2007. To read older posts, click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I would love to hear from you.
Ellen

No comments: