Sunday, March 25, 2012

At the Quiet Pool

This peaceful day across from a filed where two cattle have strayed seems like a memory from from another time but, delightfully, it isn't. I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil inspired by the Hudson River School, and this painting is drying in my studio. I paint the same Hudson Valley that was first immortalized by masters Thomas Cole, Sanford Gifford, and Frederick E. Church. Though the cities and villages have grown, most of the Hudson Valley remains the same today. In my world, pastoral scenes like this are commonplace. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

This painting is on 14x18" stretched canvas. I plan to frame it in a traditional wide gold frame, also reminiscent of the 19th century. In this photo, the right side of the painting appears lighter than the left, but this is not the case in the actual painting. This work can be purchased unframed from my studio for $1450. and I will frame it to your taste. I would consider a payment plan or a fair offer from a sincere collector.

This work may be consigned to one of the fine art galleries that represent me: Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY; Green (Gallery), Saugerties, NY; The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY. I also show my art at my studio by appointment; the studio is in the mid-Hudson Valley about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area, and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.

If you purchase a painting from an Internet photo without first seeing the painting you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted.

Spring weather has arrived early in the Hudson Valley this year, and lush green foliage like this may not be far in the future. I paint every season, but am looking forward to this spring.

I hope you will read more of this blog. These posts and illustrations go back to 2007. To read more posts go to the bottom of this page and click on "Older Posts".
Have fun. I would love to hear from you.
Best, Ellen

No comments: