Monday, April 30, 2012

Small Paintings

Hello again, friends and art lovers! This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil, posting a group of recent small paintings. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State and my art is inspired mostly by the Hudson River School greats of the nineteenth century. Some of the scenes painted by masters Thomas Cole and Frederick E. Church are not far from my studio, and starting at this time of year I sometimes set forth with paint and canvas to paint where they did. You can see more of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is epreantoni@yahoo.com I have framed these three small works in a style that is popular with many of my collectors. They look good hung in small groups. The stretched canvases are 5x7 inches, and as framed each comes to about 11-1/2 x 13-1/2 inches on the wall. I have other framing choices for anyone who prefers different framing. The first two of these paintings are sold; the third, as framed, is $325.  If you would like you can visit my studio by appointment to view my art before purchase. My studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area, and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA. If you purchase a painting from an Internet photo without first seeing the actual painting, you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people feel my art looks better in actuality. If you prefer to view art in galleries my art is on display in galleries in Peekskill, NY (The Driftwood Gallery); Hunter, NY (Kaaterskill Fine Arts) and Saugerties, NY (Green). The third painting is on exhibit in Rhinebeck, NY at present; contact me for details.   On August 10-11, 2013, Saturday and Sunday,  I will participate in a townwide open studio weekend, along with 30+ other local artists. I meet new friends and collectors every year at the annual open studio weekend. Please contact me for more info about either event. Well, I am going to go paint. Yesterday I visited Thomas Cole House in Catskill, NY and as usual am very pumped up from viewing really great Hudson River School art. And it is a beautiful spring day; musn't waste it! Have fun. I would love to hear from you. Ellen

No comments: