Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back O'Beyond Studio, Sedona -- New Home of My Art:

Hello, art lovers and blog readers!   Thsi is Ellen Perantoni again, painter of the landscape in oil.   Almost 6 months ago, I relocated home and studio to Sedona AZ,  location of the world famous red rocks -- "Like living in the Grand Canyon"  is the way one of my neighbors describes it.  And this is what I've been painting.  The panoramic painting to the right of my head in this photo is a view from the gallery part of my studio, where I am sitting on a corner bench that came with the space.   I paint the landscape in oil in a manner honoring the Hudson River School tradition, and now the bright colors, strong light and rugged shapes of Sedona are working their own spells upon my art.

The address is 141 Back O' Beyond Circle, Sedona AZ 86336.   The short drive to the Gallery from
 the main road is simply spectacular,  as it passes closely by world famous Cathedral Rock.  You will enjoy the short drive and it will put you in the mood to enjoy the art.   Just turn onto Back O'Beyond Road from Rt. 179 and drive until the Road becomes Back O'Beyond Circle.  

You can see more of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni  and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

The paintings in the above photo range from $450 to $1500. as framed..  The studio  has some oil studies and limited edition prints.  Prices start about $50. for unframed prints on paper and go up to $4000. for large oil  panoramas.  Some of my newer paintings are on 1-1/2" thick canvas with the painting continued onto the sides, so they do not have to be framed if you do not want frames..

If you cannot come to the studio, please browse the other posts on this blog, which goes back to 2007.  I will ship any of the works in the blogs -- those that are not already sold -- and if you order a painting from an internet photo without first seeing the painting you can return it for a refund within 30 days if you are not delighted.

 Most people think my art looks better in actuality, because digital photos do not capture their true depth and detail.  . 

There is a somber note in all this joy and beauty, however.   Today the "Slide Fire"  still rages 18 miles to the north of this paradise, in irreplaceable Oak Creek Canyon.  I have been there many times, and in fact started a painting of the canyon about 2 weeks ago.   I hope much of its beauty will remain untouched and that the 1000+ brave firefighters will soon have the Slide Fire out..  They expect 23,000 acres of canyon forest will be consumed before this can be done.

 Fortunately,  there has been no loss f life or property from the fire and I pray that does not change. I will continue to celebrate the beauty of Oak Creek Canyon with my landscape art.   The most accessible parts of the canyon are being saved by over 1000 firefighters. 

Enjoy the blog -- click on "Older Posts" to read posts going back to 2007.  And when you go camping or picnicking this summer --please be careful with your campfires.

I would love to hear from you.

Best, Ellen

.



No comments: