Sunday, November 21, 2010

Early Morning View from Margarite


Hello, fellow art lovers and blog readers! It's Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the great Hudson River School painters of the nineteenth century. As many of you know, those immortals did not confine themselves to Hudson Valley locations. Albert Bierstadt is best known for his sweeping Rocky Mountain panoramas and Thomas Moran for his scenes of the great plains. Frederick Church roamed the world in search of beauty to paint, and his locales extended to South America and the Middle East.
I did this plein air work on a recent trip to Sedona, AZ, to view its spectacular "red rock" formations. We stayed at a house that commanded amazing views and this is one of them, which I painted very early in the morning so as best to capture the delicate fresh colors of the early sky.
This painting, "Early Morning View from Margarite". is on 8x10" stretched canvas framed as shown in a museum quality carved wood frame, which brings it to almost 14x16" on the wall. It is currently in my studio and priced $575. I would consider a payment plan/fair offer from a sincere collector.
I can also make up a limited edition signed print on paper or canvas of this work. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and you can see other examples of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni.
If you purchase a painting from a digital photo without first seeing the actual painting, you can return it within 30 days for a refund.
For those who prefer to view art in a gallery setting, I am represented by several fine art galleries which always have my art on display; you can find out about these by reading other blog posts. To view more blog entries going back to 2007, please click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.
Have a great Sunday and a happy Thanksgiving Holiday! I'd love to hear from you.
Ellen

No comments: