Monday, November 8, 2010

Pathway Through Fields, December


Hello friends, collectors and readers! I'm posting another painting image, playing catch-up because I was traveling (and painting) for a good part of October. I'm a painter of the landscape in oil, in a manner inspired by the great Hudson River School of art. You can see more of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
The sparkling winter of the rural Hudson Valley will soon be here, and the painting at right pays homage to the season. Atmosphere is paramount in my landscapes. In this one I strove to capture what I call "winter mist", a misty atmosphere that seems to carry a breath of ice crystals with a bit of sunlight (or moonlight) filtering through. When you view this painting you feel a great stillness; you might imagine you can hear the faint crackle of an icicle or two falling from the trees.
Because of the many delicate layers of glazes used in this painting, the internet photo does not fully convey its depth and delicacy of color. I think the actual painting looks better than this dot-matrix digital photo.
This work, "Pathway Through Fields, December" is on 12x16" stretched canvas, framed in a museum quality wide gold traditional frame that brings the work to almost 20x24" on the wall.
This work is on exhibit at Green (Gallery) at 92 Partition St., Saugerties, NY, near New York State Thruway Exit 20. Green is open Thursday through Monday from 10-5 and sometimes on Tuesday and Wed.; telephone 845-418-3270.
I also show art at my studio by appointment. The studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area, and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA.
More art gallery info is given in other posts on this blog, which I hope you'll enjoy reading.
I usually have very few winter paintings available because I'm particular and it's a challenge (though a delightful one) to do a winter painting good enough to satisfy me.
If you purchase one of my paintings from me from an Internet photo without first seeing the actual painting, you can return the painting within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people are.
To view older posts and images going back to 2007, please click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this web page.
Have a great week! I'd love to hear from you.
Ellen

No comments: