Saturday, October 6, 2012

Panorama after the Flood

Hi! This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the slightly later Barbizon School of the 19th century. To me there is no match for these art classics, and the loving detail with which they captured the fresh beauty of the Hudson Valley of new York State and the surrounding region. I have unbounded admiration for Frederick E. Church, Thomas Cole, George Inness and the other masters of this uniquely American school of art. I live and paint in the mid Hudson Valley about 90 miles north of New York City, and am lucky enough to be able to paint many of the same beautiful places. Thankfully, there is a great deal that hasn't changed much. When need be, I can flick away unwanted intrusions on the landscape's beauty with my brush. And I feel fortunate. You can see more of my art on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@ yahoo.com The painting at right is a large panorama, 24" high by 48" wide. It shows how the sunset might look in the wake of a drenching rainstorm that has turned a low-lying pasture into a pond. A solitary horse and her foal are in repose standing in the shallow mirrorlike water. (The foliage, animals and other features that are silhouetted here are blends of rich dark greens and browns.) This work is now drying in my studio.It is priced at $4800.. I can frame it to the taste of the purchaser. I would consider a respectful offer from a sincere collector. If you would like to see this work and some of my other art before purchase I will be happy to show it at my studio by appointment. The studio is about 2 hours from the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA. If you purchase a work of art from an internet photo without seeing the actual work, you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people feel my art looks much better in actuality. If you prefer to view art in a gallery setting, I have paintings on display at fine galleries such as The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY; Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY; and Green, Saugerties, NY. In Rhinebeck, NY my friends and collectors Ginny and Charles have several of my paintings on display at their place of business, At The Top. For addresses and contact info on these exhibits, and periodic temporary art shows where I exhibit, please e-mail me at eperantoni@yahoo.com Well, I think I will now paint some more. It is early October and the fall foliage is delightful today in the crisp October air of the valley. I hope you enjoy this blog including the Older Posts you can see by clicking "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page. I would love to hear from you. Best, Ellen

No comments: