Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Farmhouse in the Valley

Hello, art lovers and blog readers!  This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil, in the manner of the Hudson River School of the nineteenth century. My paintings generally show nature in its pristine aspect but in ths case I could not resist painting this valley home as the hideaway many of us would love to have at one time or another.  The farmhouse seems to grow almost organically at the base of the hill.  You don't know whether the sky is going to clear up, storm, or become a spectacular sunset. I have been posting in this blog since 2007 with art, art chat and exhibit/purchase info.  I live and paint in this wonderful region, where much of the landscape is little changed since the 19th century. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com
     This painting is currently drying in my studio.  it is on stretched canvas sized 16x20" and I will probably frame it in a traditional walnut frame, to harmonize with the soft browns  Or I can frame it to suit the collector who purchases it.  It is priced at $1500. plus framing cost if the purchaser wants me to frame it. 
      When you see the actual painting you see it has almost a 3-D look, which I achieve by intensive work, not by piling the paint on thickly   Like all my art, it evokes a mood and an emotion using the realistic elements of the scene.  
    If you would like to see my art before purchase I will show it by appointment at my studio.  The studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area,  and within a few hours of most points in New England, NJ and eastern PA. If you purchase a work from an Internet photo without first seeing the painting you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted. Most people think my paintings look better than the very limited digital photos on the Net.
    If you prefer to view art in galleries, a list of galleries and exhibits where my art is shown can be found in other blog posts.  I hope you will enjoy reading more of these posts;  to see more please click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page. 
   Have fun!  I would love to hear from you.  best, Ellen 
     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ellen, this nature scape really represents a beautiful oil painting artwork.