Friday, February 8, 2013

View from the Park

Hello, art lovers and blog readers!  This is Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in the manner of the Hudson River School, that uniquely American school of art born in the nineteenth century.  I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York, and today I took my mind off the current February blizzard by finishing this painting of the way this beautiful valley looks at the very beginning of fall.  Some of the leaves are already showing scarlet, but the foliage as one looks west toward the mountains is still mostly green.  Lazy clouds sail across the sky.  This blog contains art chat, art images and purchase info.  My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and more of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni

This painting is on stretched canvas 12x16".  This work has been sold to a collector, but more paintings of the Hudson Valley can be seen at my studio and at art galleries that represent me.

The fine detail and subtleties of color cannot be appreciated from this digital Internet photo. If you would like to view similar works in my studio I will be happy to show them by appointment.  The studio is in the forested foothills of the Catskill Mountains, about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area and within a few hours of most points in NY, New England, NJ or eastern PA.  

If you purchase my art from an Internet photo without seeing the original you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted.  Most collectors feel my art looks better in actuality and they love it.

My art is also in selected fine galleries such as The Driftwood Gallery, Peekskill, NY; Kaaterskill Fine Arts, Hunter, NY; Green, Saugerties, NY.   I also exhibit in periodic art shows and have one or two studio sale weekends a year.  Therre is one coming up in August 2013 and another this spring, on a date TBA.  Please contact me for further info.  

I have been posting on this blog since 2007.  To read more posts click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.  I hope you will enjoy it, and I would love to hear from you.  Ellen Perantoni


No comments: