Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Patriarch (Red Maple)


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the European and American impressionists. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley of New York State. This blog is about my art and contains art images, background info, art chat, exhibit and purchase info. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and I have blog entries dating back to March 2007 through the link "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page.


The painting above is entitled "The Patriarch (Red Maple)" and is a 16x20" oil on canvas on view at Arlington Art Gallery, 32 Raymond Ave. Poughkeepsie, NY. Poughkeepsie is a venerable Hudson River town and the gallery is open 7 days a week for those who like to view art in a gallery setting. This painting is one of my most recently finished and is framed in a museum quality traditional gold frame that brings its size on the wall to over 24x28". As framed it is priced $1600. The gallery phone number is 845-473-2787.
This view and its mellow colors was inspired by the works of Jasper Cropsey, whose autumn views of the Hudson River and environs set a standard of beauty for future generations. Like many of Cropsey's works, this painting was meant to capture a moment in time and usher the viewer into the physical and inner repose of contemplation.
I sell from other galleries as well and by appointment from my studio, which is west of the Hudson about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area. It's a delightful drive especially at this time of year. More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and www.bearsystems.com/EllenPerantoni/
And I sell from this blog--if you purchase a painting from a digital Internet photo without having seen the original, the painting is returnable within 30 days for a refund. Most people feel the beauty of my work in actuality exceeds that which digital photography can capture.
If you read more posts on this blog you will see some paintings that are not in galleries and can be viewed at my studio or purchased directly from the blog.
I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA-based banks. I am experienced and competent at packing and shipping art and ship vis USPS, FedEx and DHL, insured of course.
I hope you will read more blog posts and return to this blog often. I would love to hear from you. Have a great day, Ellen

No comments: