Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Red Trees Below Olana


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the impressionists. My style might also be described as atmospheric realism. I live and work in the Hudson Valley of New York State and my e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

The painting above is entitled "Red Trees Below Olana" and is currently on exhibit at The Driftwood Gallery in Peekskill, NY, a charming riverfront city on the east bank of the Hudson. The actual painting is sharper than this digital image--digital photography is not adequate to capture the detail and depth of my paintings, which are done in a series of delicate glazes. This painting is on 12x12" stretched canvas in a wide antique gold frame that brings its size on the wall to almost 20x20". As framed, it is priced at $575.
The Driftwood Gallery is located at 44 N. Division St., Peekskill, NY and is usually open Wednesday through Saturday afternoons. At this moment the above painting and ten other paintings are on display at The Driftwood. You may wish to call gallery owner Inge Dube at 914-788-4650 ahead of time before making the trip.
I hope you will continue to read the other posts on this blog and return often. I try to post every few days with an art image, background and current news about myself and my art, art chat, and exhibit/purchase info. At the bottom of this blog page you can click on "Older Posts" for previous blogs and previously posted art images.
If you wish to purchase a painting from this blog or from my art pages www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni or www.bearsystems.com/EllenPerantoni/
you can return the painting for a refund within 30 days if you are not delighted with it when it arrives. Usually people think my paintings look much better than a digital photo can convey.
When I sell from my studio or from this blog I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA-based banks. I ship by USPS, FedEx and DHL, insured of course. I am very experienced and competent at packing art.
I also paint "View Portraits" (a term I have copyrighted) on commission, and can do a favorite view at your favorite time of day and time of year.
Enjoy the blog posts and have a great day! I would love to hear from you. Ellen

No comments: