Monday, May 7, 2007

Tranquil Evening


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni and I paint the landscape in oil, in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the later impressionists. This blog is about my art, its images, background, art chat, exhibit and purchase info. I try to post every weekend but this weekend was so beautiful I spent little time at the computer. As my art is nourished directly by enjoying the outdoor beauty around me, perhaps my priorities were correct after all. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

The painting above, "Tranquil Evening" is a panorama of a bend in the Hudson River through the delightful hazy light that has helped make the region's art memorable. Filtered through this gentle atmosphere, the rays of sunset create a glow that make the proverbial rose colored glasses unnecessary.
This painting is a 12x16" oil on canvas that I've framed in a handsome wide but simple antique gold frame that brings its size to over 20x24" on the wall. As framed, it is priced $850. on exhibit at Berkshire Art Gallery, 80 Railroad St., Great Barrington, Mass. The gallery is open every Saturday and Sunday afternoon and often on weekdays during the summer. Contact Jack Wood at the gallery for further info, jhwberkart@hotmail.com or call 413-528-2690.
More paintings are also on view at my studio and at other fine galleries in the Hudson Valley that represent me. Gallery info and addresses are given in my other blog posts so I hope you will read more posts. Click on "Other Posts" at the bottom of this web page to see these earlier posts.
My art is represented in California by Bodega Bay Heritage Gallery.
I sell works not being exhibited in galleries from my studio, which is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area. And I sell from this blog--if you purchase a painting from an Internet image without seeing the original, the painting is returnable within 30 days for refund. I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA-based banks. I am very experienced at packing and shipping art, insured of course.
I hope you will read other blog posts and return often. Have a great day!
Ellen

No comments: