Sunday, July 27, 2008

Esopus Creek Image and Artists' Studio Tour August 16-17:


Hello, art lovers and log readers! I'm Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School. I live and paint in the mid-Hudson Valley where this wonderful way of immortalizing nature began in the 1800s. The work at right is just finished, barely dry, and will be featured among others at my studio tour and sale August 16-17.
I've discussed the upcoming weekend-long studio tour in other posts on this blog, including the preceding. The trip to our Catskill-foothills community is a delightful summertime excursion from the NYC metro area, Boston, Albany and other points in the northeast.
There are many other open studios in my community that weekend also. See www.saugertiesarttour.com for details--and after August 1 you should be able to download a map to the studios that are open that weekend. There will be many prominent road signs to help you too.
The painting at right is an oil on stretched canvas, 16x20". The Esopus Creek is a famous trout stream that makes its scenic way down from the northwestern Catskills to join the Hudson River at the village of Saugerties, NY. That is Exit 20 of the New York State Thruway.
The scenery is lovely and the artists are friendly and they will be your enthusiastic guides to the region.
I hope you will also view my other paintings on other blog psots going back to March 2007. Many of these paintings are sold but others are available.
I also have works on exhibit at several fine art galleries all the time; more info on this is in my previous blog posts.
Please contact me for any info you would like at eperantoni@yahoo.com. Also view web pages www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
If you would like to purchase a work from a blog post, you can return it within 30 days if you are not delighted.
Hope to see or hear from many of you, soon.
Have a great week!
Ellen

No comments: