Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sunset on the Esopus Creek


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni, and I paint the landscape in oil in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School and the later impressionists. I live and work in the Hudson Valley where the Hudson River School of art was born, and I enjoy many of the same spectacular and meditative views that inspired the nineteenth-century landscapes of this region.

This is a series of blog entries with images of my paintings, background info about me, the art process, art chat, exhibition and purchase info. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com and more of my paintings can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni

The painting above is "Sunset on the Esopus Creek", a 16x20" oil in a museum-quality heavy gold frame that brings its size on the wall to about 25x29". As framed, it is priced at $1600. At this time, it can be purchased from this blog or at my studio by appointment. My studio is about 2 hours north of the NYC metro area.

I guarantee the purchaser's satisfaction with any painting purchased from this blog without seeing the original. If you are not delighted with the piece when it arrives you may return it within 30 days for a refund.

As I execute my paintings in a series of delicate glazes, most people feel the originals look a lot better than a digital photo can convey.

I will consider a fair offer and/or payment plan from a sincere collector. I accept PayPal and funds drawn on USA-based banks. I ship insured via USPS, FedEx and DHL and am very experienced in packing and shipping art.

I also paint "View Portraits" (a term I have copyrighted) on commission, and can paint your favorite view at your favorite time of day and time of year.

Several fine art galleries in the Hudson Valley area, New England and California represent my work and have paintings on view. Please read my other blog posts for the location and hours of the gallery nearest you, if you prefer to view fine art in a gallery setting.
I hope you will read more of this blog and return to it often; I try to post every few days, though now that spring has returned to this area I will be spending more and more time out in the field painting en plein air. I would love to hear from you and will be happy to answer any questions. .
Have a great weekend! Ellen

No comments: