Sunday, March 18, 2007

Meadow Panorama with Sheep


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni, a painter of the landscape in oil, in a manner inspired by the Hudson River School of art. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

This blog has images of my recent paintings, info about myself and my art, art chat, and purchase specifics. You can purchase directly from my studio or at several galleries that represent me and have examples of my paintings hanging on their walls. I wrote more about this in recent posts. Thumbnail images of more of my paintings are on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni Some of those paintings are sold but some are available.


The painting above is "Meadow Panorama with Sheep" and it's 20x30", oil on stretched canvas. The varnish has just dried, and it has never been exhibited. It's one of those sweeping views of a hazy summer afternoon in the Hudson Valley, the kind of views beloved by old Hudson River School painters like Thomas Doughty and others. Perhaps it could be called an example of Luminism.
I also paint "View Portraits" (a term I have copyrighted) on commission. I can paint your favorite view at your favorite time of day and time of year. I love to do sunsets and sunrises.
"Meadow Panorama with Sheep" will probably be eventually consigned to one of my galleries in the $2600. price range, but I would be pleased to sell it from my studio. I will consider a fair offer and/or payment plan for a sincere collector of fine art. I accept PayPal, certified funds and personal checks drawn on USA-based banks. I ship insured by Fed Ex, DHL and the Post Office and am very experienced at packing and shipping art.
I hope you will read more of my blog, and please note there are more paintings and more info you can click on entitled "OLDER POSTS" at the end of this blog page.
I would love to hear from any of you. have a great day! Ellen

No comments: