Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Morning View from Olana


Hello. I am Ellen Perantoni and I paint primarily the landscape in oil, deriving inspiration from the Hudson River School of art and its imagery. My e-mail addresses are:
I live in the Hudson Valley, among the same beautiful vistas that inspired the nineteenth-century painters who began the first truly American visual art form.
At right is a typical scene of the land that I love to capture. Entitled "Browsing at the Ponds", it is a 12x16 inch oil on canvas. This painting has been sold, by one of the fine galleries that represent me. Other paintings are posted below in this blog, and at www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni
Some paintings on that site are sold, but some are available.
My work may be purchased from several fine galleries that represent me in New York State and New England, or directly from my studio through this blog. On works purchased from my studio, I will consider reasonable offers and/or payment plans. Any painting purchased over the internet without seeing the original can be returned for a refund within 30 days.
I also paint "View Portraits" (a term I have copyrighted) as commissions, and can capture a favorite view at a preferred time of day and time of year.
I hope you will continue to read this blog and return often for new posts. I would love to hear from you. Have a great day, Ellen

No comments: