Friday, March 30, 2007

Down to the Creek at Epworth (Spring)


Greetings!

I am Ellen Perantoni, painter of the landscape in oil influenced by the Hudson River School, the impressionists, and my own vision of the eternal truths in nature. I live and paint in the Hudson Valley, often painting en plein air as the painting above was done. My e-mail address is eperantoni@yahoo.com

My blog posts will contain art images, info about me and the process and background of my art, exhibition and purchase info. I sell my art from this blog, by studio appointment and through several fine galleries that have my work hanging on their walls. No photo, digital or other, can show the true depth and beauty of my oil paintings, which are created in a series of delicate glazes.

More of my art can be seen on www.artwanted.com/EllenPerantoni and www.bearsystems.com/EllenPerantoni/ Some of those paintings are sold but others are available.

This work "Down the the Creek at Epworth (Spring)" is 12x16 inches, oil on canvas, framed in a museum quality traditional gold frame that brings its size on the wall to almost 20x24 inches. As framed, it is priced at $850. There are consistent sales records of my gallery sales of comparable paintings in this price range.

I will consider a fair offer and/or payment plan from a sincere collector. Anyone who purchases my work from a digital photo on the Internet can return the painting within 30 days. Though I believe you will find the actual painting far exceeds the beauty of the photo.

If anyone wishes to visit my studio by appointment to view the art there, I'm located less than 2 hours from the NY City metro area and 4 hours from Boston. For names and addresses of galleries where my work is on exhibit please contact me or read further posts on this blog.

This view is enjoyed at Camp Epworth on Rondout Creek in the mid-Hudson Valley, where the creek turns gracefully. I look forward to returning to the same spot, perhaps for the fall view with fall foliage color and different light.

I accept PayPal and funds drawn on American-based banks. I'm very experienced and competent at shipping art and I ship insured through USPS, FedEx and DHL.

I also paint "View Portraits" a term I have copyrighted, of a client's favorite view at a favorite time of day and time of year.

Please enjoy reading this blog! I hope you will return often to view new posts and new work, and I'd love to hear from you. Have a great day, Ellen.

No comments: